Sunday, October 28, 2012

Well aren't I the horse's petoot !!!!!!!

After 48 hrs of heavy work trying to figure out what went wrong Friday evening, the problem has been solved, presumably. It was nobody's fault but my own. The engineers at the studio came to the conclusion that the studio was fine, but my computer or my cables or my adapter was at fault. I went to Best Buy and a guy name Earl, one of the geeks (and therefore resident geniuses !) found the problem, which is too complicated to discuss. It was not the cable or the adapter. It occurred when my engineer, Ellen, was doing her pre broadcast test of the sound 5 minutes before the show was set to begin, I accidentally did something, which even Earl couldn't figure out, and put the computer into a strange mode. Earl fixed it and showed me how to solve the problem if it ever came up again.


In the meantime the show is back on the air, I think ! The show that was supposed to be on, namely Alan's Italy Show # 40: Italy in their Own Words Part 2 will appear, assuming the town of Woodstock is still intact after the big storm, Friday, Nov 2 at 5 and will hopefully be on Youtube a few hours later. There are a lot of assumptions here, however, including 4 things:

1. Earl really did fix the problem
2. Woodstock still has power.
3. I have the internet
4. My generator works, because we will certainly lose power (we lose power when someone sneezes too hard up here)

There are just too many maybes there to give me any solace, so I will continue to sleep 3 - 4 hrs hrs a night for the next week. In the meantime, have fun reading of my adventures and misadventures, and buona sera !

No comments:

Post a Comment