Monday, October 8, 2012

My Apologies for the Delay

To my many followers, please forgive me for being tardy with this blog. I was in a 48 hour funk for a variety of reasons, none of which had anything to do with Alan's Italy. I actually had an excellent show (forgive my immodesty), which looked good on the screen and uploaded beautifully to Youtube. Ellen had some problems at first, but as usual it all came together. The show centered on the area of Italy known as Campania which included the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Hurculaneum, Capri, Ischia, Naples, and Sorrento. To produce this show I had to borrow photos from four different people including Susan, Franc, and Donna. When I had been to that area back in 2006 we weren't using the digital camera much and we lacked a bunch of images to which those fine people gave me access. I dedicated the show to Susan who gave me the most photos of her's and her husband Ed's trip there many years ago. The show took the viewer on a one week tour of Campania as if I were leading the tour myself, which is basically what I do anyway, but this was more detailed in terms of days, and how to spend one's time. I will be taking a week off to be with friends and partaking in the Woodstock Film Festival (which occurs this weekend). I already miss not doing the show, but must do that occasionally. I started to teach my course at Saugerties Lifespring and it was a sensational experience, with lovely and enthusiastic people. I started with Venice just as I did with Alan's Italy ten months ago, and it was very well received; we'll see if anyone returns on Wed for a second dose. I also spent a lot of time researching my third book about my teaching and supervising for the 41 years of my real career, which then became absurd since neither of the first two have come out yet. That book was out on hold while I am edited the second one. It is really starting to become a bit confusing. I managed to get to the YMCA four times last week which is very good, except that it may have caused the funk ! The timing is definitely off there somewhere. Maybe too much exercise dulls the mind contrary to what we have always believed. When I figure all this out, I'll let you know. Buona notte e buona fortuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment