Thursday, February 9, 2017

Show # 137 Half Done - The Inside Story

With school canceled because of the snow storm, I decided to put the Rome show together. I had spent about 2 hours previously getting the photos together. Laura gave me some additional photos from 11:30 AM until 12 noon. I then retired to my den and began the process using IMovie. Four hours later I had put together 18 minutes of the show. The first ten minutes of that show took over 2 hours!

I came to the conclusion that this ain't easy!!!! It IS easier when I have been working on several shows over a period of a couple of weeks; I apparently got used to the tedious process and work faster. Having not even touched IMovie for almost three weeks, I had to get back into the swing of things, and it was not easy. At this point I am not even satisfied that I have a finished product. I will definitely go back over this same ground and hone the project, so allow perhaps an hour or more time for that.

I did manage to display a map most of the time and show people where everything was located, but really focused on my choices over the years of where to choose a hotel. That constituted the first day of a trip to Rome, i.e. settling into the hotel and doing some local neighborhood strolling. I chose to focus on my three main areas during my trips to Rome, the neighborhoods near the train station (10 - 15 minute walk), behind the Colisseum, and just off the Piazza Navona. I also spoke about two areas in which I have never stayed, but wanted to talk about that since they are both wonderful areas, the Vatican/St Peter's region and Trastevere/Giancolo. When I finished that, I also put together my introduction to Day 2, named the tour of Ancient Rome. Although I again showed a map most of the time, I intend to now, when I begin again, to talk more about specific things to do like the Colisseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Campodoglio, Pantheon, Imperial Fora, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment