Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I like Tom Petty, so the title of one of his best songs is the title for this blog. The show is finished. That's the good news. I sent it to Sevan for his approval; that will hopefully not be the bad news. I probably worked harder on this show than any other over the past five years. I estimated that perhaps ten hours were spent on all the various aspects of the show, from the original discussion with Sevan, the day we shot the videos at my house, the placement of the photos at his house, the editing of the photos, the editing of the IMovie presentation, the addition of the "flourishes," reworking the intro and outdo, some temper tantrums on my part, etc. The finished product is, I believe, very good. For anyone interested in knowing more about the life, times, and fabulous collection of Peggy Guggenheim, it is an hour of viewing well spent.

I now move on to my next project which will either be the beginning of the "Perfect Tour of ______" with my version of the best way to see several places in Italy including Florence, Venice, Rome, Milan, the Amalfi Coast, etc. or Alan's Discovery of Botticelli following in the footsteps of the shows I created on Michelangelo, Ghirlandaio, and Raphael. It will focus on the progression of the viewing of almost one hundred works of Botticelli by me over the past 25 years of my Italian experience ending in upstate NY where I recently saw a piece by the great late 15th century master. I will probably do Botticelli first since all the others are so closely related.

In the meantime look at my Youtube Channel for updates, and perhaps # 133 will appear soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment