Monday, January 9, 2017

"The Tour of Florence" Drudgery Completed

After several days, about three dozen takes on perhaps a dozen videos, intense editing, and enough second guessing to last a lifetime, I finally downloaded the finished product of show 134 from IMovie to my desktop awaiting the "appropriate time" to upload to Youtube. It is the best I could do, although I am not and probably never will be totally satisfied with the finished product. It just kept going on and on and on. It's hard to take someone on a few days tour of a place to which I have traveled for 25 years. A friend suggested breaking it down into two parts, which I considered, but then decided that the whole thing needed to be one continuous video presentation. My organizational skills composing the show were working very well, thank Goodness, and yet no matter how many edits and switching around I did, I just was never truly satisfied. But what I now have, all one hour and change of it will be uploaded to Youtube soon.

The show breaks down the "perfect" tour into three parts. The first day introduction to Florence with high up views from the Piazzale Michelangelo and the rooftop lounge/bar of the Hotel Croce di Malta, and then low down views of the two most famous piazzas, della Signoria and Duomo topped off with dinner at my favorite restaurant, La Spada. Day 2 takes the viewer to the two most famous museums in Florence that are must sees even if a person hates museums, the Ufiizi and Accademia with lunch wedge in between, at Trattoria Alfredo and dessert at Vivoli, the world famous Gelateria. Then for the rest of the tour I give the viewer several choices drawn from shopping, strolling, museums, churches, and Tuscany side trips. By the time I reached the third part I had already consumed about 40 minutes of air time, so in the remaining 20, I managed to cover a lot of ground.

The finished product is, I think, an excellent summary of how to spend a first trip to Florence, rigid in some ways and very flexible in others. I hope it serves to help people plan a first sojourn to one of the world's great cities. It is honed from extensive experience and knowledge of my beloved second home. Again I indicate to anyone who needs help to email me with questions at Alansitaly@gmail.com for free advice.

Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment