Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Taking a Bit Longer Than Expected Even Though I Expected This

The Yogi Berra-ism pretty much sums it all up. When Laura was curating and showing at the Wired Gallery in High Falls, the owner, a wonderful fellow named Sevan Melikyan indicated a desire to lecture on my show on the topic of the Peggy Guggenheim Museum un Venice. Although I was a bit reluctant, knowing that this would be a major project to undertake and probably, therefore, impede me from posting more regular uploads of the show, I accepted the proposal. Seven and I have now been working on the project for over a week. We began in my kitchen taping his presentation, and continued today with the correct placement of the photos. Now I have to "smooth" everything out and create a complete program. Then he desires to see the finished product, so who knows when this will be unveiled. As I thought, it is taking a while to finish.

Meanwhile I am working on the next show after this and that may come out on the heels of this one. That one will focus on My Experiences with Sandro Botticelli, covering not only galleries in Italy, but in this country as well. Again, this is not the definitive Botticelli, but my own connection to one of the 15th century's greatest artists. The show follows my "discovery" of Botticelli chronologically beginning in 1992 and continuing through this past summer. A bit different from my take on Raphael, it is more expansive and very personal.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment