Saturday, December 10, 2016

A Change of Plans

I began the long awaited, How to Plan a Trip to Italy, by videotaping a few short clips of my explaining the process. I then downloaded to IMovie. After a modest beginning, it was disappointingly boring to me, which is a bad sign right there. It was simply me sitting in a chair talking endlessly about all the facets of the planning process. I became bored not only watching what I had produced, but also trying to create an interesting show. Laura agreed. The whole thing just really was awful. A flop!

Worse than that, I have found myself in a state of inertia regarding Alan's Italy. I am only slightly concerned, but since this has happened before, I am assuming it will pass. After doing a show, I usually am very eager to produce another, but this time, I have hit a wall. After the "planning show,"I was going to do several tours of the big cities, but even that seems stale to me now. It is not that there are no possibilities; actually I have a few potential shows on my mind. I just can't get started. Odd also because I finish my college teaching job Thursday and will then have six weeks during which time I was planning to do several shows.

I am not worried. I will probably go to my albums and choose one that interests me the most and get to work. Laura was trying to motivate me by telling me to just choose a place that interests me and get started, even offering to scan pre digital camera photo albums and creating photos which could be used. To wit we looked through an album from 2004 which had some very interesting stuff.

If the chance arises that show 131 was my swan song, I will let you know. Oddly 130 and 131 were two of my most rewarding and enjoyable, so I assume this will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment