Monday, December 19, 2016

Verona on My Mind

Alan's Italy Show # 132 on Verona is finished and downloaded to Youtube. It is pretty much the show I had planned complete with three videos of the Roman Arena, a fun group of videos we took when Alan's Italy was not even a dream. I also focus on two people, William Shakespeare and John Hawkweed, who both had dubious connections to Verona. It is a good summary of the Verona experience from a tourists point of view, far removed from my usual type of show in which I feel that I am intimately involved such as just about anything related to Florence and Tuscany, or even Venice and Varenna for that matter. I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that relying on a lot of elements of Verona's history would have been too boring since there was nothing to distinguish it from most other Italian city states during the Middle Ages. Instead of I took the viewer on a rather superficial, yet interesting tour of the major sites focusing on our personal experience and speaking about how we would up in Verona during June 2007 complete with several descriptive maps.

I played with a lot of special effects and the result is a nice presentation that even Laura was impressed with. In fact she usually has several suggestions to make, but made absolutely none!! I liked it also and it is good to be back on the horse. I will be dealing into a lot of areas that interest me now including doing a show on Botticelli's art in the Uffizi, the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, and a lot of show in which Laura has focused her attention over the years like the Doors of Italy and Panoramas.

That is now where we stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment