Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Posting A New Episode of Alan's Italy in Record Time

Five days after I posted show # 130 related to the art of Raphael, show # 131 was just uploaded. This was quickest posting of one video after another in five years. This show, centering of the fifteen minute interview with the owner Antje D'Almeida of the amazing store "Mio," also focuses on spending a lovely three hours on a 100 meter stretch on via della Spada. We begin by visiting the great and very unheralded Marino Marini Museum, then having lunch at our favorite restaurant, La Spada, ending up down the block at Mio, a very unusual, unique, and fun store. It took a long time to put together, although no where near the time spent on the Raphael show, but now opens the way for a project that I have thought about for five years, but never followed through on. It also clears the deck of material I planned for during our last trip to Italy. Although there are still a few loose ends from that trip that we photographed back in May and June, I can wait until after this project is competed to continue.

I will now do a show on How to Plan a Trip to Italy, followed by a nuts and bolts look at each major city, Rome, Florence, and Venice. I will also take a look at Tuscany, Milan, Lake Como and the Amalfi Coast. Of course it depends on how long a person will spend in Italy to either focus on the "big three" of Florence, Rome, and Venice or add in the other few. All that will be covered in the series of shows. Some older material will be familiar to many of my long time viewers, but with my new concepts I learned on IMovie, it should be a clearer, crisper, and more efficient presentation. The idea germinated over the past several years as people continually wanted me to help them plan trips for them to Italy. I still will be happy to do so as I have, but now I can say, "Look at the series of shows, and see if that is helpful to you. It may be or not; that remains to be seen." Certainly it is much less difficult when an expert on planning like myself is doing the work, but I still like this idea.

Meanwhile over 30 people have viewed the Raphael show in five days, a new record for me. The only explanation could be that at Laura's opening at the Wired Gallery, I made several new contacts as evidenced by the dearth of business cards I seem to have in my wallet. To them I say, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy all 131 and more episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment