Thursday, September 1, 2016

Show # 125 -Franco Sala's Trattoria Antica Forno posted to Youtube soon

Still working on perfecting the show, but almost finished. Having the ability to edit, do my voice overlays, adding photos, and videotaping my parts simply has given us the ability to continually evaluate and critically appraise the product. The down part is that in many ways I liked the spontaneity of doing a live show unedited without continually revisiting the "finished" product and re-evaluating the video. I am the kind of person who likes to get to the end of a project and move on to the next one, so this has been a bit frustrating. Yet I know in my heart that the process of editing over and over makes for a better product and more satisfying experience in the long run.

Working at the college puts a crimp into the process because today would have been the perfect time for the final process of re-shooting some of the videos we do at home, but I will be busy now, probably until Sunday, perhaps if I could squeeze in some time tomorrow or Saturday, it may be sooner. The finished product will contain an extraordinary 22 minute cooking demonstration by Franco with Laura standing right in the kitchen a couple of feet away from him as he narrates what he is doing. It is both fascinating and hard to watch on an empty stomach! Also included will be a videotaped interview with Franco which took place several years ago in the lobby of the Hotel Duomo in Orvieto. During that interview I lead him through the key periods of his life which led him to own the restaurant Trattoria Antica Forno in Civita di Bagnoregio.

I will post the video on Youtube sometime in the next few days. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment