Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Amazing!!!!!

Yes it is. My two hour lesson took place last Monday, August 15, 2016. After a hectic week I finally got around to trying to create a show using the techniques Steven Blauweiss taught me. After three hours on Monday, 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM, and then another hour or two working with Laura on a photo sequence on Tuesday, I tried to export the video from IMovie to my desktop. That is necessary in order to then upload to Youtube and create DVDs. The first attempt produced very poor sound and was useless. I tried again and the export process stopped in the middle and indicated that there was no room in my hard drive. I looked at my storage, and sure enough there was very little room. I went to bed with the thought of trying again the next morning. I dumped a lot of videos and movies I didn't need on my computer, and tried again and this time the show was successfully exported. Laura and I watched in amazement the finished product. We were stunned by the fact that this actually was created almost entirely by me with significant help from her. I am still stunned and worried that something may still go wrong. However, Alan's Italy Show # 124 - Return to Civita di Bagnoregio is now uploaded to Youtube for your viewing pleasure.

The show contains a lot of videos we took when in Civita last June, and many new images. It begins with a brief history of my association with the town and its significant restaurant owner Franco Sala, our dear and sweet friend who has shown us fantastic kindness over the years. I interwove photos and videos with my images appearing occasionally along with my voice over the photo sequence which takes the viewer on a "tour" of Civita down the narrow alleys, and passing some extraordinary scenes. The format is similar to what I used to produce in the studio with some slight modifications. The images are much better and the videos viewable as never before. I like the process of editing as it gives me almost complete control of what everything will look like and the timing of the images and videos. All the filming of me occurred in my living room sitting in my favorite chair. Everything else was moved from IPhoto to IMovie.

I am eager to get on to part 2 of the project which will be the story of our association with Franco, a biography of him and how he came to Civita, and finally a cooking demonstration with Laura taking an amazing series of videos right in the kitchen of restaurant during his busiest time. It will be a wonderful tribute to a great man and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment