Sunday, September 4, 2016

Project Completed!!!

My second show was completed yesterday and uploaded to Youtube. Alan's Italy Show # 125: Trattoria Antica Forno with Franco Sala was probably the best production I ever did. The process of editing and videoing my role sitting in my chair in the living room is not only easier and more efficient, creating stunning images, but also extremely enjoyable. I am in total control of the way things are arranged and how things look. I was on the phone with an IMovie expert who taught me things I never knew and it seems as though the possibilities are endless. Laura and I agreed that I would revisit some of my earlier shows which probably contained inferior images, and try to fashoning the topic into a slightly different theme to give it more originality. I think I can do quite a lot and if that is true then the number of shows I am capable of producing is endless! The creation was very rewarding and Franco himself emailed me that he loved the finished product.

Meanwhile, Woodstock Public Access Television wants me to transform my videos which are MP 4s into MP 2s. When I told this to the IMovie expert he thought I was mistaken, "There is no such thing as MP2," he exclaimed, "that is an old and outdated format." I said, "Yes, welcome to WPAT." Even Panda TV in Tivoli could not use my format. I will send them the original file and they can do whatever needs to be done to make it palatable with their systems. Other than actually showing the Youtube version of the TV, that is the best I can do. The IMovie expert said he doesn't even know if there is software which converts an MP4 to MP2.

The next show will focus on Siena. We already know what that will look like. I will introduce the show and then talk about the magnificent hotel we stayed in during our four night visit in May 2016. We also have a marvelous 12 minute interview with a lovely young fellow who works there. We will then choose some wonderful representative images to show of Siena while my voice overlays a brief history of the wonderful city an hour south of Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment