Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The New Alan's Italy

Apparently even the most OCD, rigidly comfortable with how he has done things rather successfully guy can change. After the last show which had blurry images and almost unwatchable videos, I made the decision to change the way Alan's Italy is produced. I decided to try to learn how to create my show through the process of editing using IMovie as my vehicle. First I told Ellen that I was leaving Woodstock Public Access Television as a live broadcaster. I will still give the station my DVD's but only after the show was completed. I then contacted Stephen Blauwiess, a well known and successful videographer in the Hudson Valley to give me a two hour lesson to begin my training. The lesson was obviously only the beginning of the process, but I was on my way. He taught me how to do some basic and sophisticated things to enhance the Alan's Italy experience. At this point I am putting together the two shows I was intending to produce before, Show # 124 - Return to Civita di Bagnoregio and # 125 - Franco Sala's Trattoria Antica Forno in Civita. The two shows will be based on our June 5, 2016 trip to the town I had visited three times previously, except that this time we videotaped our experiences especially a cooking demo by Franco himself. There will be a lot of videos, but also some stunning images that Laura took during the visit. Although I will mention Franco in the first part with the intention of doing a whole show on his marvelous restaurant, the entire sequence of the two shows will be dedicated to him and my extraordinary friendship with him. The second show will be the one where I will really give my viewers a peak into an amazing man complete with a biographical video I took several years ago in the lobby of the Hotel Duomo in Orvieto. Although I will not be able to really get started preparing the two albums until the weekend due to my absolutely hectic schedule this week, I have already begun the planning. There is no target date for uploading to Youtube, but knowing who I am and how I operate, I assume that in a week or two I will unveil the first show followed soon afterward by the second one. I ask my followers to be patient while I do my thing amid myriad things I am currently involved with including and especially the opening of my 45th year in education starting August 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment