Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year !!

To all my regular visitors as well as anyone who has recently arrived, I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year filled with good health and happiness. In the coming year I hope to continue to bring my audience high quality broadcasts on Italian travel, down home Woodstock style !

The next show which is scheduled for Friday, January 3, 2014 at 5 PM on WPAT will be an analysis of baptisteries in general and most specifically the most famous in Italy, San Giovanni of Florence. Ric Hirst, who has graced the show many times with his brilliant analysis, will be there to assist me to weave the incredible story of one of the most famous sights in Italy.

The week after I will finally talk about the 55th Venice Biennale in toto, aside from the Collateral Event at the Palazzo Bembo, which covered three shows. Dozens of artists will be featured as I analyze the most famous contemporary art exhibition in the world. We will focus on only the pavillions and locales in the Arsenale and Giardini areas.

Subsequently we will look at Italy in the magic of evening, talk about the little known Ancient Roman site of Carsulae, and then do a series of shows, Italy, Then and Now, focusing on the 19th century photographs.

I look forward to bringing you in the coming year the same quality broadcasts that have made Alan's Italy a Woodstock Original honoring the long line of wonderful original creative endeavors in the field of art and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment