Monday, June 10, 2013

A Man With a Plan

Not having to plan the next show certainly has its advantages. I have used the time well trying to decide which of the multitude of broadcasts I would do first, second, etc. I made a decision, which in all likelihood I will stick with. Here is the tentative list for the first six of these shows:

Show # 68: The Jewish Experience in Italy, Part 1: Florence
Show # 69: The Jewish Experience in Italy, Part 2: Venice

Show # 70: The 55th Venice Biennale, the Palazzo Bembo Exhibition, Part 1
Show # 71: The 55th Venice Biennale, the Palazzo Bembo Exhibition, Part 2
Show # 72:  Will be Part 3
Show # 73:  Will be Part 4

Each of the Bembo shows will focus on the 17 interviews I did with the artists. Even if you have no interest in art, these are fascinating talks with people from all over the world just talking about their passion in life. People from Australia, China, Korea, Germany, etc. They are very interesting and if you like the Alan's Italy TV Show you will like these shows.

After that I don't know except that I will probably do a series of shows on Venice focussing on the following themes:

Night time in Venice - focussing on photos we took in the evening. Venice at its most serene, beautiful, and eerie.
Three Hotels - focussing on the three different places in which we stayed while in Venice and their neighborhoods.
A Ride Down the Grand Canal - showing a series of videos taken by me of the embarkation, ride, and disembarkation from a vaporetto while traveling down the Grand Canal.
Venice Scenes - showing different fascinating views as I did in Venice Scenes Part 1 a while back.
Neighborhoods in Venice - breaking down Venice into its districts, San Marco, Castello, Rialto, Canaregio, San Paolo, Dorsoduro. This could be 2 shows.
Everyday Scenes in Venice - showing the side of Venice tourists rarely take notice of, laundry hanging out of windows, children playing, people just being neighborly with their friends, local restaurants, etc.

Somewhere along the line we will return to the Venice Biennale Theme for a look at the "other" part of the exhibition known as the Exhibition at Arsensale and Giardini. Palazzo Bembo is one of the Collateral Events, palazzi around town with their own exhibitions. Pal Bembo is the biggest and best.

Then the Florence shows with the interview of the people from the 5 Star Movement. Actually this may come earlier as I promised them I would try to get it on the air sooner than later.

Then shows on Pistoia, Colle di Val d'Elsa, Citta della Pieve, Orvieto. And esoteric concepts such as the Sculpture in the Piazza della Signoria, Shopping in Florence, and another show as I did a ways back, Florence, Then and Now featuring the 19th century photos of the Alinari Brothers. I also will do a show featuring interviews I did at one of my favorite restaurants in Florence, La Grotta di Leo, where I have been dining for 18 years.

Sadly, I did not get any cooking videos. Sorry. I tried and failed again and again. I cannot always be successful, but I will try again next year.

Keep tuned in. Grazie per la lettura !

No comments:

Post a Comment