Saturday, June 11, 2016

Boy Did I Goof

I'm very sorry, but show # 123 was just removed from Youtube. The mistake I made with the work of Ghirlandaio in the Museum of San Marco's Book Store/Gift Show was so egregious that in my utter humiliation and embarrassment, I have decided to either have that segment edited out of the DVD of the show or do the entire show over again. I sounded like an utter doofus. Here is the actual story:

In 1486 the Monastery of San Marco commissioned Domenico Ghirlandaio to do a fresco in their facility. That is how the fresco got there. It was not a bookstore/gift shop in 1486 (DUHHHHHHH), and if I were to hazard a guess, and of course my credibility index has probably just fallen to new lows, I would say that the location back then was the Refectory. I come to this conclusion because his other two Cenacolos (Ognissanti and Badia a Pasignano) were located in the area where the monks dined known as a Refectory.

My apologies. I have no excuse other than jet lag and perhaps my anxiety over my impending cataract surgery which is quite high right now. I will keep you informed about the solution and when show # 123 returns. Too bad, because I actually liked the show.

1 comment:

  1. When I watched the show, I took what you said about the bookstore as meaning that it's the bookstore NOW, not then. It was a great show, and my vote would be to put it back up as is. You could always add an annotation on the video if you were so inclined.

    ReplyDelete