Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Patience, Patience, Patience

Patience is not something of which I have an abundance. This is a trait of mine that my followers know all too well. Walking out of the studio on Friday evening after doing what I assumed to be a very successful show without the DVD of the show in hand was a peculiar feeling for me. Friday turned into Saturday into Sunday into Monday and I heard nothing, except that apparently Ellen had left a message on my phone indicating that she would drop off the DVD of the show Monday afternoon. It occurred as scheduled, and I watched it and did the uploading to Youtube, as my viewers already know by the stunning image of Lake Como which appears as the lead image.

It is in fact a nice, crisp show and I looked and sounded more relaxed than I have been recently. Back in the groove again I was confident about my material and looking forward to the broadcast. People always tell me how relaxed I look, but the truth is sometimes very far from that. In this case I was very at ease. Unfortunately I made a couple of errors calling a "vaporetto" a "wheel chair" during the segment at the beginning initiated by one of my viewers who asked about the access ramp at the Florence Santa Maria Novella Train Station. With respect to accessibility for the physically challenged I spoke about the wheel chairs I have often seen around Venice, one of the "easiest" places for the physically challenged to navigate around because of its predominate flatness - except for the bridges which are the only hindrance.  Later in the show I misused a word,  "pummel" instead of "plummet." Attempting to describe the fall of the Fiumelatte water I interspersed the two words. The water plummets not pummels. I am not that upset about those errors, since, after all, I am an amateur. If I had made such a mistake in a mathematics classroom of such a magnitude, then it might be a matter of concern.

Nonetheless, I had a wonderful opportunity to describe two of the truly amazing times we had on Lake Como, a destination for us that has been filled with incredible moments. The Trattoria Baita Belvedere with its spectacular views of the lake and Bellagio and the town of Fiumelatte with its charming town and small water fall were memorable times. I now turn to a show that began to be formed in my mind when, sitting in the lobby of our hotel in Varenna, Hotel du Lac. I noticed a book of 19th century photos. Yes, dear viewers, it will yet another Then and Now show, so if you like that kind of thing, please tune in, hopefully, Friday evening, May 6.

So even though I have a dearth of patience, thanks nonetheless for your's.

No comments:

Post a Comment