Saturday, April 23, 2016

Almost There, But Not Quite......

I wouldn't have believed it possible. When I finished the show, and feeling very relaxed that it was a good one, I actually felt that we have finally mastered the new equipment. I confidently gathered together my things, cables, computer, notes, etc. but heard mutterings coming from the console. Never a good sign. Ellen was desperately trying to "finalize" the DVD but was having trouble with the remote control. Who would have thought it! Yet another issue that we had yet to have. After 120 shows there was actually something left that hadn't been screwed up. While I was seated and watching her go through this process, someone came into the studio who knew me, but, of course with my poor memory for such things lately,  I didn't know her. She and her husband were producers of their own cable access show, and wanted to know why I wasn't at the Board of Producer's meeting last week. I told her that I didn't know it existed, but would like to attend. Yet another thing I have committed myself to. We finished the show at about 5:45 and it was now about 6:15 and still no video. I left and told Ellen to keep me informed. I have yet to see the finished version. That is the reason that the show has yet to be uploaded to Youtube. It should be a few days away, but if I have to do the show over (which would make me very upset), it could be longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment