Friday, October 3, 2014

Finally a Show About Bellagio

After two weeks of stewing in my juices about the major mistake I made on show # 100, I finally got a chance to correct the error. As you may remember, I indicated that the "eastern fork of Lake Como" was really the Western Fork. I was happy that is out of the way.

Meanwhile, I focused on Bellagio after three straight shows related to Varenna. I realized that I had hundreds of photos of Bellagio, but never really spent much air time showing too many and discussing my many visits. I actually had decided to break the idea into two parts, a show about Bellagio and then another just about the Villa Melzi which we just recently visited back in June. When Laura saw the breakdown, she indicated that I needed to combine the two. I also then came to the conclusion that I could not have sustained two 50 minutes shows, added the Villa Melzi photos to the Bellagio show which made more sense anyway, and off I went.

The show was perfectly engineered by Ellen, and after seeing the show myself realized that it was almost perfect on my end as well except for indicating that the sculpture at the Villa Melzi was neoclassical when in reality it could have been originals from ancient times. I should have looked that up.  A small error, but otherwise a nice smooth broadcast. I am now for the most part finished with Lake Como, four shows in total.

I now turn to Cinque Terre for what may turn out to be probably four shows, the coastal boat ride which will give me a chance to review the entire Cinque Terre experience, which I had produced early in 2012 as one of the first shows, two shows on Monterosso al Mare, and another on the stunning town of Portovenere which is just south of Cinque Terre. I have a lot of photos of the only town we did not visit in 2009 Corniglia, but not yet sure if that will be a separate show or rolled into the Cinque Terre Boat Ride Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment