Sunday, April 22, 2012

Franc Palaia Comes Back for More Polaroid Photography

I was looking forward to this week's show, because once again Franc Palaia was returning, and I had such good memories of that experience. I was a bit concerned that we wouldn't have enough material for the whole show, because we only had about 20 photos of his work left. However, I was planning on asking him about some of his resume items such as that he had work in The White House, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and The Smithsonian Museum in Washington DC. I also wanted to know more about The Rome Prize Fellowship. Also, Franc indicated that he wanted to show some of his tools, so knowing how Franc and I had no trouble with lively conversation last time, by air time I was fairly confident. When we got to the studio our usual 30 minutes early, much to my delight, there was no activity in the Community Center next door. Then Franc came in with a large version of polaroids which he set up behind us, a lovely and thoughtful touch. The show came off without a hitch !! Ellen's work was excellent and when I got home the DVD was fine and the images were wonderful. It was so far the best experience. I also very much enjoyment conversing with Franc on the full range of topics from his  art work to Italy, which is always interwoven. We also announced that Franc has signed up for several more shows on his incredible wall paintings at Pompeii, his stunning photos of the Greek ruins at Paestum (which is south of the Amalfi Coast), and his Aqueduct photos from around the world. We departed at 6:15, and yet again I found Franc to be the ideal guest, knowledgable, bright as heck personable, respectful of my role, and hey just a wonderful, fun guy to chat with. I look forward to many more with him !!

No comments:

Post a Comment