Monday, January 16, 2012

Luca and Lidia

I know this is yet another blog, but it behooves me to write something about my two best friends who live in Italy, so briefly then. I met Lidia in 1995 in Florence when I was staying on via della Scala just down the street from a hotel I discovered, Croce di Malta. We hit it off, and during my many returns to Florence,   our friendship became closer and closer. Lidia came to the United States in 2000 and we took her and her friend from Florence, Cristina, out to dinner. Cristina and Lidia then came to Laura's and my wedding in Woodstock in 2004. Lidia has taken me all over Tuscany over the years, and it was her choice of Civita di Bagnorgeio, when I asked her to take me to the most beautiful hill town in Italy. Lidia and her family have been very kind to me just being my friend, and also cooking sensational dinners for me and my family at their homes in Tuscany, just west of Florence. Every member of her family, her mother, sister, brother and their families are fabulous people and it has been one of my great experiences in life being welcomed in Italy by all of them. Luca worked at the hotel, Croce di Malta and he has told me that we met back in 1995, but we actually didn't start to become close friends until 2001, during my first solo trip to Italy, just after my divorce. He is a bright, charming, and wonderful man. We have spent many memorable times with him and his partner, Mary, and his daughter, Greta, and her daughter, Cristina. Mary has also cooked amazing dinners for us at their home in the Chianti Region, south of Florence in the town of Figline Valdarno. Luca has a knack of choosing the perfect wine. He also has been very kind and hospitable to me and my family over the years. In May we will be spending time with Lidia and with Luca; I am really looking forward to that, and miss them very much, most of the time, when I am not in Italy. In Show # 3 on Florence, I have some excellent videos of them. I love them and their families very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment