Monday, January 16, 2012

Back to Florence

When I started to do Show # 2 on Florence, I realized it would take 2 shows to finish and I was in no hurry. So I meandered through the two shows, and enjoyed every minute of showing people around my favorite place in the world (except for where I live now). I showed my videos of my friends Lidia and Luca, and felt homesick. My trip planned for last October had been canceled due to a confluence of factors, and this was a chance to be there without being there physically.  I also had 2 phone call questions which I love, because even when I was a teacher, I loved the spontaneity of thinking on my feet. I always told my students to ask questions, not only for their edification, but also for my enjoyment. The one thing that was going on technically which upset me was that the pictures I was showing were not the best quality. We found that when we used the Tricaster or Switcher, the photos were a better quality, but that didn't always work. I was debating with myself whether I still wanted to do the show with poorer than acceptable pictures quality. Well, I love doing this, and wanted to continue, so that was that. I don't expect to win an Emmy Award. I am having a lot of fun, and feel that I am doing a public service for the people of Woodstock and for anyone who wishes to view it on Youtube. I have worked out a list of future shows which will include all the places I have ever been in Italy. It should be fun for me, and I hope for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment