Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Shorter Shows and More of Them

I was put on the shelf last Friday due to a surgical procedure, but began a new concept which gave me greater ease in producing shows. I used the in-computer microphone available through IMovie and sat on my den couch doing the voice over of a series of photos related to Show # 128 - A Day Out in Tuscany with Luca and Greta - San Quirico d'Orcia. It was fun and easy, and with the given flexibility, it gave me the opportunity to do several takes on the same segment (as many as 7 - 10 in one case). The total package of doing shows at home and even in a half laying down position has been a great thing for me. The show should appear on Youtube this weekend maintaining the every two week schedule in which I seem to have eased into.

My new situation is that in current sequence of shows on Tuscany, the productions have been shorter,  and more concise. I don't mind.  I can knock off a 20 - 30 min show rather easily now that I do not have the 45 - 60 minute restriction of the live studio version of the show I had to produce with the public access station. With that in mind I have many new ideas for shows, some of which will be offshoots of previous aired broadcasts from years ago. It is possible for me to perhaps even increase the bi-weekly rate of creations.

I am also trying to solve the problem of providing the Woodstock Cable Access Station (newly name changed to PAW - Public Access of Woodstock). Without going into minute detail, let me just say that I purchased software which should facilitate their being able to air my new shows (which they had not been able to do since I left).

Other than that my mind is quite fertile with new ideas for shows including revisiting various Tuscan and Umbrian towns. I would also like to finally do shows on helping people to plan their own trips, complete with some of my own experiences with traveling issues that have caused me difficulties. I am planning a show with which will be titled something like The Perfect Tour of Florence for First Time Visitors, and then perhaps others of that ilk for more advanced travelers. Things like that including Venice, Rome, and Milan in the mix. Those cities are always hard to figure out because of the plethora of things to see and do. A well organized 3 - 4 days in any of those would be very rewarding on one's now rather than taking one of those humongous tour groups which limit creativity on the part of the traveler.

That's where we stand right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment