Friday, August 28, 2015

What If Someone Hates the Show? The "real" Alan revisited. Sigh.

Those of you who regularly read this blog may notice that there is something amiss here. Where's the previous blog post? Those real fans of Alan's Italy may also have noticed that the last show vanished from Youtube. Hey is Alan going bonkers? Well, do me a big favor and do not answer the last question because there may be ample evidence of that happening from quite a ways back. Only kidding. Actually here is what happened; you deserve to know.

I never had a show which the people in the video, i.e. hotel owners, restaurant owners, etc, did not like the content. Actually I came close once but we solved that problem before the show went on the air. The last show I did regarding a certain person who owns a restaurant in a certain place we visited was removed because the people did not like several aspects of the broadcast. Well, ok, I never claimed to be Ken Burns or anyone for that matter. In fact I have gone out of my way (several times early on in this blog) to point out the amateurish nature of my productions, all the imperfections, etc. In fact I do that almost every time I do a show - the "what went wrong" segment of the blog. You know this. Hey, I am not a producer of TV shows. I am a trained, educated, licensed and recognized educator of note in the field of remedial mathematics at one of the largest (if not the largest) community colleges in the world!! I pride myself on that as I cherish the air I breathe. You know this. I have indicated that many times.

So despite telling the person who wanted a show about his endeavors exactly what I just wrote here, the person nonetheless wanted me to do the show. I even made counter suggestions for that person to not only save him money, but also have a better production. I have a witness to that effect. The person wanted ME, and got what I am capable of producing. Then I was told there were too many flaws, and that I needed to change it. Fine, but I have few methods of editing that I am capable of. I could teach anyone basic mathematics, but I cannot edit a broadcast except in small doses. So I removed the show from Youtube and the associated blog. Very simple. Alan's Italy is really very simple, and easy to get along with.

Several years ago I did an interview with a hotel owner. The person had a bad cold and hated the way he looked, so we did not broadcast that interview. The show went forward without that aspect and it was a fine show. So what happened here with the last show I did? Honestly I am not sure. True I have only a 142 IQ, so there are obviously things I don't know; otherwise I would have a 180 IQ like Thomas Jefferson. It could have been a language thing (but this never happened before), or just a misunderstanding. I do not know. I apologize to the person for not delivering what was expected, but once again folks, when you appear on Alan's Italy do not expect a CNN broadcast!!!! I have made this so abundantly clear to people that I am getting tired of it. Before I do a show about a hotel or restaurant or anything, I tell the people to go to my Youtube site and watch my shows, especially about commercial establishments with interviews. If they don't like what they see, then fine, no problems. I move on as I have with 115 broadcasts. So one last time......hello out there......Alan's Italy is a hobby, like model airplanes or stamp collecting. By profession I am a mathematics educator. If you want a broadcast about you or your projects, go to Rick Steves. If you want advice about learning mathematics, send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment