Sunday, July 19, 2015

In Dry Dock for a While

Just as I was about to spend Sunday preparing for the broadcast of my next show on Alan's Italy, I was informed by my engineer that work would begin tomorrow (Monday, July 20) to relocate the equipment from the makeshift studio we had been using since the renovation of the regular venue back to our new studio. The show would have been # 114: Oasis in Castello, Venice - Hotel Sant'Antonin, focusing on the wonderful hotel in which we stayed during the most recent trip. We would have included photos of the area in which the hotel was located, closeup shots of the hotel, inside and out, and featuring the interview we did with the owner's daughter and hotel manager, Elena.

If past performance is any determining factor in this type of situation, then we can be pretty sure we will be out of action for at least three months, bringing us to at least late October at the earliest. Things could be different this time around, but I am not optimistic. I feel badly since I was getting ready, not only the hotel show, but many others related to the last trip and several others. I feel especially badly to disappoint Elena and her father who treated us with great kindness. I will prepare a show immediately with the expectation of returning to live broadcasts as soon as possible; however, fans of Alan's Italy will have to go with the previous 113 broadcasts for now.

Thank you for past interest in my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment