Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Life's Dream Fulfilled

Some of my favorite shows have been ones in which friends of mine have spoken about their excursions in Italy. This has been broadcast on Alan's Italy either by having the people on the show such as for Franc Palaia and Ric Hirst, or through videotaped interviews such as the episodes labeled Italy in their Own Words. We will continue that theme on Friday evening, June 27 when my friend Erica Hart through photos and recollections talks about her recent trip to Italy, as she describes it to me, her life's dream fulfilled.

Several months ago Erica called me for advice. She had the opportunity to stay with a cousin in Rome and wanted to know what else she could do to enhance her experience. I suggested that she take the train to Florence, but along the way stop off for a one-night stay in Orvieto to see this town, meet my friend Franco Sala and perhaps even drive to Civita di Bagnorego with him. Franco, as I have indicated, owns a restaurant in Civita and might be able to drive her there with him for her to have lunch, walk around, and then return to Orvieto with him later. These plans were arranged by me with the gracious assistance from Franco himself. Erica then would continue on to Florence where she would stay at Hotel Croce di Malta and meet my friends Lidia and Luca.

Everything came off just as it had been planned by me and Erica and her experiences will be the theme of Alan's Italy Show # 94: A Life's Dream Fulfilled: Erica's Trip to Italy. Erica is an artist and having taken wonderful photos will focus on her most enjoyable and memorable experiences. This is the first show of its kind for me with the Italy in their Own Words theme carried to the perfect degree with the person actually appearing on a live broadcast. The previous shows centered on people talking about their trips to Italy either in my living room or in theirs. I look forward to this, and will shelve my opportunity to talk about my favorite artist, Domenico Ghirlandaio for show # 95 two weeks later.

No comments:

Post a Comment