Friday, May 23, 2014

Top to Bottom

Tonight's show was the second half of views of Florence in particular and Italy in general, this time from the top after show # 91 talked about views from street level. Although I put together the streets show months if not years ago, this show was a recent invention. Since it went hand in hand with its sister show on streets, I placed the two broadcasts in consecutive sequence. It, therefore, appeared that the two shows were constructed in tandem. I love walking through places in Italy gathering in the charm, mystery, and history. Surely one cannot visit anywhere in Italy without seeing it from every angle, street level, towers, roofs, and if in Venice from the water. I have focused on all those various concepts and am now ready to move on. That is what I hope to bring home from my next trip to Italy. The plan is to visit as many smaller towns as possible leaving the larger cities for some future trip, except, of course, for Florence where I visit on every occasion. I do have a show on the drawing board related to shopping in Florence, but other than that I will deviate from views of Florence, Rome, and Venice for a while. If anything, I will try to get inside museums and discuss the art that I most enjoy.

A future show will focus on the Bargello, the great gallery of sculpture in Florence. Another may enter other museums such as the Palatine Gallery of the Pitti Palace in Florence or the Accademia of Venice. Since I no longer have an expert artist with me, I will have to do the research and study the works on my own. These future shows will not expert analyses of these selected museums but rather my favorite works. In that way I will be the most comfortable talking about the great artistic achievements of mostly the 15th and 16th centuries that I have liked the best over the years. But again, I also hope to visit some really stunning smaller towns in Western Tuscany and on the Southern Ligurian Coast in the area of Cinque Terre. We shall see.

As for the actual show, viewers may hear loud noises. Once again these extraneous sounds came from the community center of Woodstock (next door to the studio) where the rehearsal of a performance was occurring and I must say quite a bit of overacting was also taking place. Other than that the bordcast appears to be flawless, so enjoy once again.

In any case I now take a break and if you wish to follow the blogs of the actual trip we will be taking, please go to the link in the previous e mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment