Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me

Yes indeed. I was born at 4 PM, on April 4, 1948. 4/4/48. I have led a privileged life of good health and great friends and family. I have traveled to Italy 21 times and brought back thousands of pictures and many, many fond recollections. I have produced a cable access TV show which helps me to express my passion for Italy, and I have this blog as yet another outlet for my profound feelings about Italy. Yes, I am a lucky guy.

I am thinking about our next trip in May/June and even begun thinking about the one after that in 2015. When I get back from Italy in June, I will really put my mind to preparing TV shows for the next year with perhaps as many as 15 - 20 new projects. Once a month is not enough, and I will set my goal to return to an every other week format. I have already begun planning, but much of that has to wait until I get to Italy to see where that takes me. I will report back sometime in June.

In the meantime I have Italy, Then and Now planned for Friday, April 18, my next live broadcast. This will be the final chapter of the four part series on the 19th century photos of Italy. I am planning to go to the bookstore again with Luca in Florence and find more material, something different perhaps from just places of interest, nut sure yet. All up in the air, but tune in to Youtube on April 19 to see the show.

Thank you for reading my blog for the past two and a half years.

Best wishes,

Alan Greenhalgh

No comments:

Post a Comment