Friday, July 19, 2013

Venice Biennale Part 2

Positively flawless as far as I can tell, and no negatives. Savor the moment, I kept telling myself. Then again how can a show go bad when the art of stunning magnitude is shown and explained by the actual artists. Wonderful people from all over the world, whose names I will reveal as I begin to get their permission. The only minor flaw was that I show a photo of Monet's Rouen Cathedral at different times of the day, before I showed the video of Atelier Morales discussing his work in relation to the famous impressionist artist. My original intent had been to show the Monet piece, mention what it was, in case my audience had trouble recognizing it, and then relating it to Atelier. However, I forgot that and we heard the Atelier gallery talk and then I showed the Monet piece. Atelier, however, did a fine job of explaining how his work was related to Monet's, so it worked out alright.

I can only spend some time talking about how wonderful the artists were, personable, charming, knowledgeable, and, of course, extremely creative and talented. I thank all eight of them en masse and hope to gain permission over the next few days to talk about their work a little more. If anyone wishes to explore their work further or contact them with questions, the lists of artists is displayed throughout the show.

Next week I will be taking off, but we resume on Friday, August 2 with eight additional artists. Then we will take a break from the Venice Biennale, but eventually come back when Laura and I have organized a show on the Arsenale/Giardini part in the next few weeks. In the meantime I have three already prepared shows, one on Venice Neighborhoods (Show # 73), The Story of the Three Hotels we stayed in Venice, a very interesting story (Show # 74), and a show devoted to what Italy looks like at night, especially Venice, but also many other places throughout the country (Show # 75). Then who knows I have several more partially planned on a variety of places, mostly in Tuscany, studies of famous art, and some more interviews with people we encountered during our last trip to Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment