Friday, May 17, 2013

Soon, On Our Way

The show, the Gardens of Italy, was conceived several months ago when I was preparing the show about the Bobili Gardens. I felt it was a fitting tribute to the beauty of Italy, by first focussing on the most famous gardens in Italy with its stunning Palazzo Pitti, but then expanding to other magnificent gardens around the country. Both shows were prepared at about the same time, refined together, and appeared back to back on May 10 and May 17, tonight. Except for a weird red figure that kept jumping up and down on the bottom dock of my computer every so often, the show was flawless, except for my usual switching of names that occurs more from my mind working faster than my lips. I called Matteo Cocci Lidia's friend, when I meant to say Laura's friend, because Lidia was the next name on my list to discuss.

I then spoke about the plan of our trip which begins on Monday, May 20. The entire plan was outlined complete with some of the shows I hope to come home with for my audience. Other than Laura's spectacular exhibition at the Palazzo Bembo whose openings occupy four consecutive evenings, from May 28 through May 31, we have some very special things planned. There will be two synagogue interviews in Florence and Venice, side trips from Florence to Ravenna, Colle di Val d'Elsa (Tuscany, near Siena) to visit Matteo Cocci, well known Italian artist, Pistoia (where Lidia's family will host us for a Tuscan Celebration), dinner at Luca's and Mary's house, an interview with the leaders of the Movimento Cinque Stelle (5 Star Movement), a day in Orvieto with Franco Sala showing us around, perhaps a cooking demo in Orvieto at La Palomba and Florence at La Spada, lunch at one of the stunning hills towns on the Tuscan/Umbrian border, Citta della Pieve, and on and on. In Venice Laura and I have Press Credentials, and hope to photograph and interview to our heart's delight. Then of course there's Laura Gurton's grand occasion at the stunning Palazzo Bembo. If that weren't enough excitement we then spend two days in Padua visiting the Giotto Frescoes at the Scrovegni Chapel, plus a stroll around this wonderful town.

So this will be my last blog entry here until the evening of Friday, June 7, the date of my next live show, already planned, on the Byways - roads, streets, pathways, alleys, etc - of Italy planned several weeks ago. Then another show on June 14 on the Palazzi of Florence, also planned long ago, and then I hope to get into my new material. My course at New Paltz ended two days ago and I will miss the excitement of imparting my passion for Italy with this very attentive and wonderful audience. My future with continuing ed programs will now be dependent upon my future return, hopefully, to community college mathematics teaching.

Those fans who wish to follow a day by day account of our travels in Italy are welcome and encouraged to read all about them by following this link:

http://blog.travelpod.com/members/alanjgreenhalgh

Until then, buona notte e buona fortuna !!! Grazie per la lettura.


No comments:

Post a Comment