Saturday, March 10, 2012

Taking the Show on the Road

I was very apprehensive wondering if I could sustain a whole show on my own on the topic of just looking at different ways to travel, even just walking around. Not only did I not think I could talk for an hour on that, but that doubted that my regular audience would even like such a show. Although the morning after I clearly gave a one hour presentation, I have no idea if anyone actually liked it. Ellen had some difficulty at the beginning and after a couple of minutes of the introduction, she told me to stop and start over. That part appeared in the DVD she gave ma after the show, but did not for some reason upload into my computer. Couldn't figure that one out at all. This show ventured into strange territory for me. Two of the last 3 shows did in fact do that. With 11 shows under my belt, 9 of them cover places, while 2 talk about themes, Michelangelo in Florence and Traveling the Country. Not only do I like those themes, but must do that if I am to sustain the show into the future. Once I got into this, at 5:30 PM, I realized that I was never going to finish the show, after all I had only covered a couple of the "ways of traveling" so I speeded up tremendously, and just made it as Ellen gave me the sign to stop. I love traveling around so this show was very pleasing to me. Now it's back to work getting more shows and potential shows together. Next week I inaugurate Hudson Valley Artist, Frank Palaia, who has an extraordinary knowledge of Italy that is inbreeded into his work which is extraordinary. I have 5 shows planned for him over the next few months. I am continually meeting with artists up here who might be able to contribute. I like the idea of shows devoted to planning trips, and I hope that will also continue. Perhaps the next show of that type could be choosing hotels, but for that I really should have use of the internet, which is another matter; there is a  4 G Network in my future !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment